- Coordinate weekly runs for drivers and helpers, provide cover for holidays and sickness.
- Answer calls from over 55s wishing to use bus, having queries or changing plans.
- Monitor condition of bus and arrange for daily fuel and weekly cleaning inside and out.
- Arrange MOT and service as necessary.
- Ensure all drivers and helpers deal with passengers in a safe and sensitive manner.
- Organise hire of bus to suitable groups outside the project and ensure driver is eligible for bus.
- Update committee regularly on relevant information regarding bus, passengers and volunteers.
- Identify and recruit and induct drivers and helpers, ensuring their continuing progress.
- Prepare reports for committee meetings and AGM.
- Agree agenda for all meetings with secretary.
- Chair meetings.
- Represent the project at external meetings and with the media.
- Give report at AGM.
- Call ‘extra-ordinary’ meetings when necessary.
- Minute accurately all meetings and disseminate to committee members.
- Distribute agendas ahead of meetings.
- Send and receive letters and e-mails on behalf of the project.
- Organise leaving acknowledgement of drivers and helpers.
- Receive and monitor daily and weekly takings.
- Deal with on-line bank accounts.
- Update committee on financial situation, bringing bank print-outs to meetings.
- Prepare annual accounts for independent examination ahead of AGM.
- Receive and acknowledge grants and donations and bank as necessary.
- Pay bills and reimburse volunteers as per claim and receipt.
- Keep financial records and balance books.
- Prepare and deliver report at AGM, answering queries as required.
All committee members:
- Join with fund raising activities.
- Attend meetings and keep updated on the project.